Can you take aleve after gastric sleeve surgery the question is quite curious? You should not use drugs according to your head. There are two medications that you should use after the surgery, even if you do not use them before. One of them is PPI, that is, acid-reducing drugs that you will use for 3-4 months. The other is Ursofalk, which aims to prevent the formation of stones in the gallbladder and is recommended for rapid weight loss. You should still consult your doctor if you have any questions about the use of this drug.
Can You Take Aleve After Gastric Sleeve Surgery and What Drugs Should I Avoid?
You should also consult your doctor about this. You should avoid using NSAID group pain reliever-antirheumatic drugs after bypass operations as they may cause ulcers and stomach irritation. Otherwise, marginal ulcers at the anastomotic line will bleed or perforate. Both are serious complications. Although they are not fatal, they can sometimes cause months of distress, sometimes even secondary operations and sometimes revision of the bypass.
In general, it would not be right to use NSAIDs. We also do not recommend corticosteroids such as prednisolone as they can cause ulcers and delay healing. However, in some cases, we may find it necessary. Absorption of some long-acting, delayed-release or enteric-coated drugs is impaired by bariatric surgery. You should communicate with your branch physician about how you will be affected by which drug. Finally, some medications cause you to gain weight. In this case, you should discuss the balance between the benefit of the drug and the risk of regaining weight with your doctor. You should prefer alternative drugs with less side effects. Can you take aleve after gastric sleeve surgery and you should direct your questions to your specialist doctor?
Can You Take Aleve After Gastric Sleeve Surgery and Will My Medications Change After Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Very likely yes. As your obesity-related diseases improve, the doses of some of your medications change. Or you may be able to quit completely. If you have diabetes, you may need less insulin or even stop insulin altogether, depending on your type of surgery. In the first month, you should make a large dose adjustment of your blood pressure and cholesterol medications and even stop them. These are the decisions your doctor will make. Do not adjust the dose or stop taking the medication on your own.
The absorption of some drugs you use may change depending on your type of surgery. Also, you should not use large tablets and capsules immediately after surgery. These sometimes cause stuttering. For this reason, you should take the melt-in-the-mouth or injectable forms of some of the medications your surgeon will give. Or you have to crush some medicines and use them. You cannot crush some enteric-coated late-release drugs.
Some are better if you crush them and mix them with food. Surgery such as gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy has little or no effect on drug absorption. In consultation with your doctor, some drugs, such as antidepressants, must be taken in much higher doses for them to have the same effect. You should consult with the relevant specialist on this matter.
8 Causes of Fatigue After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Vitamin and mineral deficiency: You should check your blood levels with your doctor after surgery. Especially iron, B12, B2 deficiencies are very common. You can use this and other vitamin and mineral supplements if your doctor finds it necessary.
- Not getting enough calories: Food provides the basic energy needed for the body, namely calories. Lifestyle change after surgery is very important. The most important of these changes is to make adequate and balanced nutrition a lifestyle. What we are talking about by closing the insufficient calorie deficit is not high-calorie foods with low nutritional value. You should take care to get your calories from high protein foods, vegetables and fruits, legumes and healthy fats.
- Healing process of your wounds: During the healing process, your body spends more energy than normal. In this process, you should follow your doctor’s recommendations. As long as you follow the recommendations, you will recover as soon as possible and your feeling of tiredness will disappear.
- Not drinking enough water: Water ensures your body’s functionality. A dehydrated body will not be able to perform its functions and will be without energy. This causes you to feel tired. However, you should definitely not forget the rule of solid-liquid separation after surgery. You should consume your water 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the main meals.
- Insufficient protein intake: Protein is the most important macronutrient after bariatric surgery. It plays a huge role in the healing of your wounds. The rapid healing of your wounds also helps to prevent energy loss faster. Therefore, you should focus on protein sources in meals. You should eat approximately 60-90 grams of protein each day. You can meet this need with meat, eggs, milk, legumes and extra protein supplements.
Will My Systemic Diseases Decrease After Tube Stomach Surgery?
Our scientific studies show that there is a linear relationship between overweight and systemic diseases. Excess weight triggers problems such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases, stroke, sleep apnea, metabolic syndrome, musculoskeletal disorders. If you have such diseases due to excess weight, your general health status may improve depending on your weight loss.
As a matter of fact, post-operative analyzes also confirm this discourse. Patients who lose weight after sleeve gastrectomy have improvement in important health problems such as type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, high blood pressure, high triglycerides, joint disorders, infertility problems, sexual dysfunctions, heart diseases and sleep apnea. You can also reduce or stop your medications depending on your situation.
Or you can get rid of some of your diseases after the surgery. You should definitely go for a check-up after the surgery. In addition, you should adopt a regular lifestyle. You should pay attention to your nutritional status and food consumption. In addition, you should eat small portions. You should prefer foods that are low in calories, fat and sugar. You should eat slowly and chew your food well.
Can You Take a Leave After Gastric Sleeve Surgery Procedure for Your Recovery?
The answer to “can you take a leave after gastric sleeve surgery procedure for your recovery?” is yes, it is possible to take a leave of absence after having gastric sleeve surgery. Depending on your weight loss surgery recovery time and the type of job you have, it may require an in-depth conversation with your employer to be sure that you are able to take the time off that you need for a successful recovery. Planning ahead will ensure that you are able to take the necessary steps for a speedy and safe recovery without sacrificing your job or employment position.
Additionally, there may be legally mandated leave requirements depending on state or federal law that employers must honor. It is important to make sure all of these details are worked out before undergoing the procedure so that there are not any unexpected surprises during or after your recovery period regarding can you take a leave after gastric sleeve surgery. Additionally, having support from friends and family during the recovery process from weight loss surgery can be beneficial in managing emotions and maintaining a positive outlook as you adjust to life post-surgery.