Should I Get A Hair Transplant The question of should I get a hair transplant is often asked by many people. You have to answer this yourself by researching the details.
Hair transplant is an expensive procedure and has a high cost. Moreover, it is a time consuming process. The process takes about eight hours to finish. It takes up to a year for the results to fully manifest. There’s also a few weeks of recovery that you need to take into account, covering details like rest, time off from work, and not doing anything strenuous.
Taking all these into account, we think that the hair transplant process is more than worth the time and money spent. We can observe the feelings of the patients after hair transplantation. We can say that people whose appearance improves are happier. However, hair transplantation should only be performed on suitable patients with a realistic chance of success.
If you are not a suitable candidate for hair transplantation, you should choose doctors who make it a principle to be honest in this regard and who openly tell you about it. If your hair loss problem bothers you, lowers your self- esteem, lowers your self- confidence, or otherwise harms your life, then you should definitely opt for a hair transplant.
“Should I get a hair transplant?” The question is probably at the top of your list of questions about the hair transplant procedure.
Should I Get A Hair Transplant And What Should I Pay Attention To?
You should question whether you have enough budget to spare for hair transplantation. It is nice to have full and lush hair. But if the money you spend on a hair transplant is way over your budget, it’s probably not a good idea for you. Instead, you might consider saving some money each month.
- You should do your research well. You shouldn’t choose just because it’s the cheapest. Also, you should choose a clinic with helpful staff and a specialist and experienced doctor. You should feel comfortable in the clinic you go to, and you should see that your needs and wishes are fully understood.
- In addition, you should tell the clinic you choose that you want to see the pre- and post- operative photos. The clinic you choose should be able to show you its photos so that you can get a realistic idea of the hair transplant results.
- You must be prepared for the procedure. You should make sure you are prepared for an eight -hour surgical procedure in which you will be awake and have some discomfort. The best clinics do their best to make you feel comfortable. However, hair transplantation is a long process. If you have a medical condition such as diabetes, this process may be challenging for you.
- You have to be prepared to wait and you have to be patient. You should definitely consider the time it takes to achieve visible results. It may take up to a year to get results that you will be completely satisfied with. While this is an exciting process, time may not pass while you wait for the results.
Should I Get A Hair Transplant And Is Hair Transplantation Performed for the Second Time?
How many times hair transplantation is required, of course, depends on the amount of hair follicles we will use for hair transplantation. In addition, the hair follicles that we will use in hair transplantation are generally located at the back of the head, at ear level. During the first hair transplant, your doctor takes the hair follicles from this area and transfers them to the transplanted areas.
All people have a limited amount of hair follicles. Some of these hair follicles are quite strong, while others are weak and tend to fall out. If the number of strong hair follicles is small or the donor area is small, a second hair transplant will not be beneficial. Our specialist doctors will advise you on this issue and will perform hair transplantation only if they think it will be successful.
If you want to have a second hair transplant, you must have experienced one or more of the following;
- If your hair density in the area with hair transplantation is insufficient
- Also, if your transplanted hair is weak and falling out
- If your hair is constantly falling out and new hair is not growing due to the situation we call ‘shock loss’
- Also, if you are not satisfied with your new hairline and appearance.
- If the hair transplant is not successful
Hair Transplant Recommendations
- You should consider the possibility of hair transplantation in the future. Just one hair transplant may not always be enough. Your hair may not be as dense as you want, or the bald area may grow. Therefore, you may want to do a second hair transplant in the future.
- In addition, you should be careful in the post – operative care. After hair transplantation, you probably need to use some hair loss drugs daily to prevent hair loss in other areas other than new hair. These are drugs that you will use for life. Within a few months after you stop using it, your hair starts to thin and fall out again. Also, you must be prepared for this.
- Also, you should use two or more pillows after hair transplantation. Or, if possible, you should sleep in an upright position in a reclining chair. This reduces swelling because the blood has a chance to travel away from the scalp.
- Before washing your hair, you should wait at least 48 hours and perform the washing process under the control of a doctor. After that, we recommend using warm water to rinse your hair. You should wash your hair gently with shampoo and warm water. You should follow this method for the first 14 days after the procedure to avoid excessive crusting. In addition, after that, with the doctor’s advice, you can resume normal hair washing habits. However, you must be careful. After hair transplantation, you should do the combing process very carefully.
Should I Get a Hair Transplant? Things to Ask Before Surgery
Having noticed hair loss, you may be wondering, should I get a hair transplant? The question is perfectly reasonable due to the many benefits of a hair transplant. Hair restoration surgery of any kind offers a permanent solution to your hair loss or thinning problem. However, there are several things you must consider before going ahead with it. First of all, as the name suggests, hair transplantation surgery is a surgical procedure. While it is minimally invasive, it does involve the “transplant” of healthy hair follicles. Due to this, you must ensure that you’re a good candidate for hair transplantation.
A hair transplant doctor can help you determine what kind of hair surgery will work best for you. So, the best person to whom you should refer for the question, “should I get a hair transplant?”, is a doctor. You must be diligent in your research for a doctor. While there are several doctors in the field specialis in in ground-breaking hair restoration techniques, it is important that the doctor you choose has enough experience for your particular case. Hair transplant is different for everyone, and with the right hair transplant specialist, you can achieve great results.