Reasons To Be Denied Weight Loss Surgery
Reasons To Be Denied Weight Loss Surgery: Weight loss surgery methods are among the surgical methods that have been widely applies in recent years. There are non-surgical ways to lose weight in a healthy way, but if the person cannot lose weight with non-surgical methods; For example, in cases where a dietitian and regular exercise cannot lose weight, surgical operations are inevitable for the health of the person. We have compile the types of weight loss surgery for you. Among the Reasons for Refusal of Weight Loss Surgery, the person’s metabolism, blood values, weight ratio and heart diseases are taken into consideration.
What is Stomach Botulinum Toxin Application?
Stomach Botulinum Toxin is a procedure that does not require surgery, as well as a slimming operation that supports weight loss. Gastric botulinum toxin application is a botox method applies to some parts of the patient’s stomach by endoscopic method.Botulinum toxin add by injection into the stomach makes the patient feel full for a long time and the patient starts to lose weight. The effect of gastric botulinum toxin application is up to 6 months. The processing time is about 15-20 minutes.
How is Stomach Botulinum Toxin Application Made?
Since the application is not a surgical procedure, anesthesia is not applies to the patient. Gastric botulinum toxin administration steps are as follows;
- Botulinum Toxin is inject into the necessary parts of the stomach.
- This process takes about 15-20 minutes.
- During this process, sufficient contraction of the stomach muscles is prevent and accordingly, the secretion of hunger hormone is prevent.
What Should Be Consider After Gastric Botulinum Toxin Application?
There is no change in the social life of the patient after gastric botox is perform. However, like any medical procedure, there are some issues that should be consider. These points are as follows;
- Dietary habits should be paid attention to.
- Foods that we define as package or fast food should be avoid.
- Excessive fatty foods and carbohydrates should not be consume.
- Acidic drinks should not be consume.
- Consumption of products such as alcohol should also be avoide.
- A variety of foods should be fed and physical exercises should be done in addition to nutrition.
- The post-operative weight loss goal is determine by 10-15%, this method may vary according to age, gender and compliance with the diet.
- Attention should be paid to fluid consumption for a certain period of time.
What is a Gastric Balloon?
Gastric Balloon is a balloon that is place in the stomach and fill with air or liquid. It is a method use by physicians in the treatment of obesity, which is applies to the stomach with endoscopy. The gastric balloon is place in the stomach and inflate with the help of serum until it reaches a certain size. The gastric balloon procedure takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes. After the gastric balloon is place, the patient is discharge within the same day after being kept in the hospital for a while. One of its features is that it stays in the stomach for 6 to 12 months.
Who is the Gastric Balloon Applies to?
The purpose of gastric balloon operation is a method that provides and supports temporary weight loss. However, there are some criteria for the application of this operation. These criteria are as follows;
- If there is no stomach ulcer, large gastric hernia and pregnancy condition,
- If the body mass index (body fat ratio) is in the 25-30 overweight or 30-45 obesity band,
- Being suitable for surgical applications,
- Inability to lose weight with diet and exercise
- be between the ages of 18-65
- Absence of addictions such as alcohol and drugs,
- If there is no intestinal disease, gastric balloon application can be perform.
How is the Gastric Balloon Applies?
Gastric balloon is a temporary weight loss operation. Its application done as follows;
- The first rule to be follow is that the patient should be fasting for 8 hours.
- A silicone balloon is place on the patient with the endoscopy method.
What is Sleeve Gastrectomy?
One of the types of weight loss surgery is tube stomach surgery, 80% of the stomach is remove by laparoscopy, that is, close surgery, and a new tube-shape stomach resembling a banana in shape is place. The size of the stomach differs between men and women and old and young. Even with these differences, the stomach reduction capacity is the same for everyone. The volume of 1-1.5 liters of the stomach is reduce to 100-150 milliliters. After weight loss surgery, the stomach does not return to its former form or there is no such thing as a later recovery, such as a gastric balloon operation.
What Should Be Consider After Gastric Sleeve Weight Loss Surgery?
- Adequate fluid intake is require throughout the day.
- If you don’t drink enough fluids, you may feel sluggish due to dehydration.
- You should avoid all carbonate, caffeinate and alcoholic beverages.
- It will be easier to lose weight if you set a daily walking or regular exercise plan.
- You can consult a bariatric dietitian for a diet list that is suitable for you.
Reasons To Be Denied Weight Loss Surgery: Reasons To Be Denied Weight Loss SurgeryWhat is Mini Gastric Bypass?
One of the weight loss surgeries is mini gastric bypass surgery. This method is the simplest type of weight loss surgery used in the treatment of obesity, applied in the shortest time, cost-effective and the patient can be discharged as soon as possible. The aim is to reduce the stomach volume and to reduce some of the food absorption in the small intestines and to provide weight loss. It is a type of closed surgery.
How is Mini Gastric Bypass Applies?
Since Mini Gastric Bypass weight loss surgery is one of the close surgery methods, it is applies as follows;
- Through the opened incisions, the abdomen is enter with special medical instruments.
- At the entrance of the stomach, a tube is create to act as the stomach.
- Intestinal connection made with the formed tube.
- The process is complete with internal sutures and sutures applied to close the incisions.
- In this case, a large part of the stomach remains in the abdomen.
Main Reasons to Be Denied Weight Loss Surgery
If you are considering weight loss procedures and are concerned about reasons to be denied weight loss surgery, there are ways to increase your chances of success. Start by eating healthier foods, exercising regularly, and visiting your doctor for a checkup. Additionally, if you have a medical condition that can be managed with medication or lifestyle changes, taking those necessary steps to improve your health will help you qualify for weight loss surgery. By making these proactive steps, you can look forward to the benefits of successful weight loss surgery with improved health outcomes in the future.
It is important to remember that many insurance plans will cover some of the costs associated with stomach surgery for weight loss and that there may also be additional fancial assistance available through charitable organizations or state-funded programs. If the reasons for the initial denial are addressed and resolved, it may become possible for you to have the surgery after all. Ultimately, it is important to discuss different options available with your healthcare provider before making a decision about healthcare treatments like weight loss surgery. Working with professionals can help you stay motivated and focused on your end goal so you can see real progress over time.