Liposuction Surgery Liposuction; it is the name given to the fat burning process that can be applied to the whole body, especially the abdomen, hips, thighs, ankles, waist, and upper arms. It is not only the burning of fat but also the tightening of the area while the fat is burned. In this process, which has been applied for years, since 1977, it is possible to burn, suck, and tighten the fat in the area with the help of cannula. Liposuction techniques have been combined with cosmetic procedures for years, and with the developing technology, liposuction techniques that don’t cause scars have emerged. In addition, thanks to devices such as slim liposuction, it has become possible to burn fat instantly and to tighten in that area.
Fat Removal Method
During the development phase of the person, the increase in fat cells in the body increases with the correct rate. After the completion of the developmental phase, the number of developing fat cells remains constant, while the volume increases. This results in weight gain on the body index. Fat removal is the method of absorbing excess fat deposits under the skin using a vacuum or specially prepared injectors via special cannulas. With this method, excess fat can be removed easily and safely.
Nowadays, more comfortable techniques that require minimal surgery for the patient have started to replace the classical liposuction method in liposuction operations. Laser liposuction, on the other hand, now makes a point shot because it is performed using a much different and advanced technology than vacuum. The place to be liposuction is first drawn by the specialist doctor with the help of a special pen and the target is completely determined. After determining the place where liposuction will be performed, laser operation is performed and liposuction fat removal surgery is started. Liposuction is a method of removing fat collected in certain areas using large-diameter cannulas.
Who can have liposuction?
First of all, a good candidate for liposuction should have realistic expectations about the results of the procedure. It should not be forgotten that liposuction surgery is a method of regional thinning and body shaping, not weight loss. The person who decides on this operation should be aware of this. The liposuction method aims not to weaken those who are overweight but to make the areas with stubborn fat thinner and more compatible with other regions.
Anyone who does not have any health problems, who is not pregnant or breastfeeding can benefit from liposuction. Although age is not usually a decisive factor, it should not be forgotten that as age progresses, the elasticity of the skin is lost and older skin may need additional operations such as skin stretching to get effective results as younger skin.
Liposuction may be risky for individuals with diabetes, serious heart or lung problems, and circulatory problems, or individuals who have recently undergone surgery in the area to be treated. In such cases, your general health needs to inform your surgeon about your medical history.
How to Get Rid Of Fluid after Liposuction?
Bruises and edema in the body are a natural result with liposuction. Especially women’s bodies are very prone to edema and this is quite normal. There are some important points that should be done in order for the edema to be removed from the body faster.
- Healthy Nutrition: Salty and ready-made foods should not be consumed during the recovery process. It may cause more edema in the body. Water consumption should also be increased.
- Corset: The corset worn after liposuction operation will help to relieve edema by pressing on the skin. Corset use should be continued for the period recommended by the doctor. The doctor must be informed during the cessation of use.
- Massage: You can take a shower three days after the operation and massage applications can also start. With the help of cream, massages help to the treated area with circular movements in the opposite direction of gravity. Massages made after showering stimulate more subcutaneous tissue. Massage makes an important contribution to the healing process.
- Smoking and Alcohol Use: The patient must quit smoking and alcohol before surgery. Smoking negatively affects the healing process during the postoperative period. Alcohol should not be consumed as it will increase edema formation.
Due to edema and bruises in the areas after liposuction, the reduction in adipose tissues may not be visible. That is the healing process. The swelling starts to decrease within 15-20 days and the body lines gradually begin to become clear. It is important to be patient in this process. The use of corsets or socks is so important for tightening and shaping the skin structure. It may take up to 3 months for the edema to disappear completely and the body to reach a normal hardness consistency.
After the Surgery
After the operation, patients are informed about the need to use a corset to prevent sagging and to have a tight appearance. The use of corset covers 30 days. It is normal to see sagging in the body after the corset. Besides, side effects such as redness, bruising and swelling in the area are normal conditions and all these problems are temporary reactions.
- Consume less saturated fat, which are generally found in animal protein sources meat, chicken, eggs, milk and dairy products, during this period. Low-fat meat / chicken or reduced-fat milk and dairy products or legumes, whole grains are the right choices to ensure adequate protein intake.
- Salty foods are not recommended during postoperative recovery. High levels of sodium can increase inflammation in your body, increase edema, and slow the healing process. You should not consume or should limit salt for at least 2 to 4 months following liposuction surgery. Instead of using salt, try incorporating flavors and spices like onion, garlic, cinnamon, dried basil, thyme, and parsley into your meal plan.
- After liposuction, you should limit the consumption of sugary foods. Consuming sugary foods after this surgery may cause weight gain.
- Alcoholic beverages may interfere with any post-treatment medication and cause dehydration. You should avoid alcohol for at least two weeks before the procedure and take into account the recommendations of your doctor or dietician in the following period.
How Does Breast Reduction Surgery Work Finished and Small?
‘Breast reduction surgery work finished’ aims to reduce the size of the breasts, reshape them, and improve their overall appearance. The first step in breast reduction surgery is to decide on the desired breast size. The patient and surgeon will discuss the desired cup size and determine the amount of tissue that needs to be removed. After the desired size is chosen, liposuction and surgical excision will reduce breast tissue. A thin cannula is inserted into the breast area during liposuction, and fat cells are suctioned out. With surgical excision, excess skin, fat, and glandular tissue are removed through incisions around the areola and breast crease.
Once the desired amount of tissue has been removed, the surgeon will perform a ‘breast reduction surgery work finished.’ This may involve repositioning or removing nipples, reducing areolas, and removing excess skin. Sometimes, a surgeon may use internal sutures to help shape and support the new breasts.
After reshaping, the incisions are closed with sutures, and dressings are applied. You may wonder, “how Long Does breast reduction surgery take to heal?” Depending on the extent of the procedure, recovery time can range from several days to several weeks. During this time, patients should avoid strenuous activity while they heal. Pain medications may also be prescribed to help with discomfort.