Labia Plastic Surgery If you do not have to have this operation for health reasons, you should keep in mind that the vaginal lips may be different in every person due to genetic factors or other reasons and that this will not cause any problems, and you can have different colors and sizes. We would like to remind you that you should follow your doctor’s advice and remind you that each operation is personal and different complications may occur.
Anatomy of Vagina
If we talk about the anatomy of the vagina, we need to know that there are external and internal parts. The vagina is an organ of both the reproductive system and the excretory system.
The area known as the labia is known as the skin folds around the vaginal opening, and its other name is the lips. There are two types of labia which are:
- Labia Majora (Outer Lips)
The outer lips are the prominent fleshy part of the vagina, resembling a thin lip and covered with pubic hair.
- Labia Minora (Inner Lips)
Labia Minora is located inside of labia majora. This begins at the clitoris and ends of the under the opening to the vagina.
The labia could be of different sizes and colors from each other. Inner and outer lips are sensitive, and during sexual intercourse or masturbating, they swell.
The clitoris is also called glans, is located at the top of the vulva, and where the inner lips meet. It could have different sizes, and when you turned on, it becomes swollen. Clitoris has lots of nerve endings.
The other parts of external parts are opening of the urethra, opening of the vagina, anus, mons pubis.
These are vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, fimbriae, ovaries, bartholin’s glands, skene’s glands, hymen, g spot.
What is labia plastic surgery?
- Labia plastic surgery is called various names that are labiaplasty, labia reduction surgery, or labia reconstruction surgery. All of these refer to the same thing.
- Labia plastic surgery is not so different from a hairdresser’s application. The inner or/and outer lips are cut or reshaped by the surgeon. Women can have this operation for different reasons.
- Labia plastic surgery is increased by 217,3% according to ASAP’s (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) 2018 statistics in the last 5 years.
Who may want to get labiaplasty?
Labia larger than normal are called “hypertrophy” and the Women can have this operation for different reasons. These might be:
- urinary infections,
- dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- restricted movements
Because of these causes, women might want labia plastic surgery. On the other hand, health issues not an obligation, women want this only for cosmetic reasons. Their partner and/or them don’t want this kind of look. This might affect their sexual life and their self-confidence.
On the other hand, if you have sexual diseases such as AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, or cancer, you may not be suitable for this operation. Although the age limit may vary from country to country, it is useful to remind that one must be over the age of 18. It does not matter whether you gave birth or not for this operation.
What can you expect from a labia plastic surgery?
First, this operation is an outpatient procedure that means it is not required to stay at the hospital after the labia plastic surgery. It can be underdone general or local anesthesia, but your surgeon will decide up to your health and body situation.
How much does a labia plastic surgery cost?
The base price for the labia plastic surgery operation is $ 2924 according to ASAP. (ASAP is “The American Society of Plastic Surgeons”) This is not the final fee; you need to consult for this. You could have extras like anesthesia, operating room facilities or other related expenses.
Why is labia plastic surgery applied?
As we mentioned before, this may be due to some health problems. Apart from this, being able to do some activities that may affect daily life more easily and feeling better in terms of self-confidence are the reasons why this operation is preferred.
What are the risks of labiaplasty?
If you are going to have a surgical operation for the first time, it is normal to be afraid of it. In a normal surgical operation, you may encounter (these are side-effects of general anesthesia):
- sore throat,
- muscle aches,
- low or high blood pressure,
- heart rhythm disturbances and
- temporary loss of consciousness.
If an aggressive operation such as very large lips suddenly being too small, the following effects can be seen, in addition, you may encounter problems with labia plastic surgery operation:
- Chronic dryness
- Scarring at or near the vagina and pain while having sex.
After the labia plastic surgery
The most common complication is over-resection. You may encounter the following complications after the operation.
- Reaction to anesthetic
Things to Avoid and Caution
After the operation, there are somethings that you need to pay attention which are:
- You should stay away from sexual activities and epilation or waxing applications in that area for at least 1 month.
- In order to avoid an infection risk, avoid participating in activities such as jacuzzi, Turkish bath or pool.
- Sutures will be absorbed by your body within 10 to 15 days, depending on the material used.
- Strongly avoid activities such as yoga or plates etc. that may cause tension and contraction in the operated area.
- It is also recommended that you stay away from activities such as horseback riding or cycling for a while.
- Although the full recovery period is at least 30 days, whenever you feel ready to do something, you shouldn’t think about it before 30 days, then you can start doing it.
Plastic Surgery for Weight Loss: What to Know
The popularity of plastic surgery for weight loss has been growing in recent years, as more people are looking for ways to safely and effectively lose weight. While there are many different types of plastic surgery that can help with weight loss, such as gastric bypass and gastric balloon weight loss. Gastric bypass is another type of plastic surgery used to help people lose weight. This procedure involves surgically reducing the size of the stomach so that it can only hold a small amount of food. As a result, patients will feel full after eating smaller portions, leading to overall weight loss.
Regardless of the type of plastic surgery chosen for weight loss, it’s important to understand the potential risks associated with each procedure. For instance, liposuction can lead to infection and scarring, while gastric bypass can cause serious nutritional deficiencies if not managed properly. Additionally, all forms of plastic surgery require a period of recovery time and may involve some pain or discomfort during the healing process. Overall, plastic surgery after weight loss can be an effective way to reduce excess fat or skin in areas that cannot be addressed through diet and exercise alone.