Labia Minora Surgery Correction of the size and state of the Labia Minora by eliminating their overabundance part. The system reestablishes the stylish appearance of this intimate area. Wipes out the inconvenience that happens when wearing clothing, strolling, or playing sports. Alleviates torment during sex. The operation does not influence the physiological highlights of the work of the executives. The operation is performed in a combined way: laser and surgically. Plastic surgery of the labia minora is performed to change and restore the appearance of the labia minora with their asymmetry or hypertrophy, elongation (elongation). Changing the shape or size of the labia minora may be an innate feature of a woman’s body. In some cases, the shape of the labia changes after injuries in childbirth or after surgery. There is no standard of female beauty and “norm” for small and large labia! Every woman is special.
During the examination, the specialist assesses the labia minora as per the accompanying attributes: shape, size, shading, evenness, edges. Now and again, a lady has suggested an operation – plastic medical procedure of the labia minora. Understand that the operation is not in every case just stylish in nature and does not generally rely upon the lady’s impression of her body. There are cases in which labioplasty improves a lady’s health and improves her satisfaction. We are discussing a circumstance where the labia minora are not essentially secured by the major ones. This makes the disease enter the vagina. A lady is bound to experience the ill effects of pelvic provocative illness. If you are worried about the presence of the labia minora, examine with your gynecologist the chance of revising their shape with the assistance of labioplasty.
Prepare for Plastic Surgery of the Labia Minora
- General blood count and platelets (no older than 10 days).
- The General analysis of urine (not older than 10 days).
- Blood chemistry: total protein, urea, creatinine, bilirubin, AST, ALT, glucose, calcium, potassium, sodium, chlorine (no older than 10 days).
- Coagulogram: APTT, PTI, fibrinogen (no older than 10 days).
- blood type according to the AB0 system and RH factor (up to 1 month).
- Consultation with a gynecologist.
- Smear on flora.
- Smear for Cytology.
- Therapist’s examination and ECG (no older than 10 days).
- Fluorography (up to 12 months).
- RW (up to 1 month).
- Blood for hepatitis B and C markers (up to 1 month).
- Blood for HIV (no older than 3 months).
Plastic surgery of the labia minora alludes to “one-day operations”. Angioplasty is performed under local anesthesia, lidocaine is used for anesthesia. General anesthesia is conceivable if the patient wishes. A lady lies on a gynecological seat in the working room. She does not feel any pain. The gynecologist plays out a cut and eliminates abundance tissue utilizing a laser bar. At that point, tissue extraction and laser coagulation of draining vessels or stitching of huge vessels are performed. In labioplasty, self-engrossing stitches are applied, which do not should be eliminated. Because of the utilization of a laser, blood misfortune during surgery is negligible. The operation lasts from 60 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the volume of the operation. For example, labioplasty, clitoral plastic surgery, and posterior adhesions may be performed simultaneously, which increases the duration of the intervention.
The technique of Surgery to Reduce (Resect) the Labia Minora
This is a one-time technique. It is played out a couple of days after the finish of menstruation or possibly 10 days before it starts. The span of the system is inside 40 minutes. The operation is performed using local anesthesia. The decrease is acted in one of two different ways:
- V-shaped excision: Expulsion of foundation patches of skin. A wedge-shaped resection of the most unmistakable pieces of the labia minora is performed, followed by an examination of the framed edges.
- Linear excision: Correction of the shape or size of the labia. The doctor marks the excess tissue and the area of resection (cutting off) so that the remaining mucous membrane protrudes a few millimeters beyond the labia majora. Extraction is acted in an orderly fashion (not arriving at the clitoris).
After the procedure, the doctor applies cosmetic stitches and inserts a long-acting local anesthetic into each labia. During the consultation, the clinic’s gynecologist will tune in to your desires, direct an examination, recommend extra tests if essential, and propose ideal treatment methods.
After effects of Labia Minora plastic surgery, and what the Gynecologist recommends:
- Visit a gynecologist’s meeting the day after a medical procedure and a month after labioplasty
- Wear clothing made of regular materials
- Take an antibacterial medication and apply an antibacterial balm topically
- After visiting the latrine, it is prescribed to wash the labia minora with a remedy of chlorhexidine
- Reject sexual contact for one month
- Try not to play sports, do not go to the pool for a month after the activity
When can I evaluate the result?
The primary result can be evaluated immediately after the operation. The final one is formed during recovery.
What result should I expect?
The size and shape of the labia minora are normalized. Scars and other defects in the labia minora are eliminated. Eliminates the discomfort that occurs when wearing underwear, walking, or playing sports. Painful sensations during sexual intercourse are eliminated.
Is the procedure safe?
A preliminary examination is carried out, which reveals the existing conditions.
Is the procedure painful?
The procedure is performed using local anesthesia.
How to prepare for the operation?
The procedure does not require special training. It is recommended to exclude the use of alcohol a day before the session, refuse to visit the sauna and solarium.
How long is the rehabilitation period?
The procedure does not infer a long clinic remains for the patient. A couple of hours after the method, she can make a re-visitation of her room. The whole recovery period takes a multi-month.
Important advice from your doctor:
- On the main day the procedure – do not wet the treatment area, do not touch it, treat it with an uncommon antibacterial balm (as endorsed by the specialist).
- In the initial 5 days after the procedure, take anti-microbials (as recommended by a doctor).
- Inside multi month after the procedure – refuse tampons, tight clothing, and sex. During this period, it is not prescribed to visit the bathhouse and sauna, play sports, smoke, and drink mixed refreshments.
Is Sex Reassignment Surgery Painful Physically or Emotionally?
A sex reassignment surgery, female to male or male to female (SRS), can be life-changing. Nevertheless, the process can also be physically and emotionally painful, and eventually, many people search for the answer to “is sex reassignment surgery painful?”
Physically, SRS involves many different procedures, including genital reconstruction surgery, facial feminization surgery, breast augmentation or reduction, and other body modifications. Depending on the type of SRS, the patient may need to be under general anesthesia for several hours or days. The recovery time for SRS can also vary greatly depending on the patient: some patients experience pain during recovery, which can last for days or weeks.
Emotionally, SRS can be difficult for some patients. Transitioning from one gender to another can be very stressful and emotionally draining. Many people who undergo SRS experience anxiety, depression, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) due to how society views them. It is important to remember that everyone’s experience with SRS is different and that there is no “right” way to transition. It is essential to speak with a doctor about is sex reassignment surgery painful AND a mental health professional before undergoing any gender transition surgery. To learn more about “how does sex reassignment surgery work?” consult our clinic today.