How Much Does A Breast Implant Surgery Cost? A breast implant is an aesthetic surgical procedure designed to enhance the size, shape, or symmetry of the breast. Wanted by more and more women every day, it can lead to a more flattering and better proportion, expand clothing choices, and have the potential to boost a woman’s self-confidence and self-esteem. So how much does a breast implant surgery cost?
Advances in breast implant technology and surgical techniques for their placement have made breast augmentation a safe and popular procedure. This is why breast augmentation is one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures performed.
The decision to have a breast augmentation is very personal. Every woman’s choice is unique and is based on her individual needs, desires, and expectations. A well-informed decision is vital, as it may not be the only surgery.
Who Is A Candidate For Breast Augmentation?
Women aged 18-21 are candidates for saline breast implant surgery. Women 22 years and older are eligible for silicone or saline implants. Studies now claim that silicone implants are compatible with saline implants in terms of safety.
There are many reasons or situations for breast enlargement. Here are some of the most common:
- The breasts are very small, which is the most common reason.
- One of the breasts is significantly different from the other breast.
- The breasts have become smaller and have lost their elasticity, which is common after pregnancy, breastfeeding, and aging.
- Weight loss has changed the shape and size of the breasts.
- There is a reluctance to wear swimsuits or tight clothes.
Also, a woman must be emotionally mature and fully understand her motives for wanting a breast augmentation. Breast augmentation surgery should be a personal decision and not based on the wishes of another person. Expectations should be realistic, understanding that the procedure will significantly improve the breasts, but not necessarily create perfection.
It is very common for some women to have loose breast skin from pregnancy, weight loss, or genetics. In some cases, breast implants will fill the breasts and fix this problem, but in other cases, breast augmentation may need to be included. Breast lifts modify the skin over the areola, restoring a more youthful fit to the nipple.
What are my options for breast implant surgery?
There is no “perfect” breast implant, as all breast implants have their advantages and disadvantages. There are essentially two breast implants in use today: filled with saline and silicone. Both have a flexible outer casing, which is made of silicone. The contents of the cover are either saline (saltwater) or silicone. For saline implants, the silicone shell is filled with saline during surgery.
Breast implant surgery companies now offer different shapes and sizes to fit every woman’s body. Based on a woman’s anatomical dimensions, our doctors will advise an appropriate range of implant size and shape choices.
Learn more about saline and silicone implants below.
Saline breast implants
Saline implants have been used for decades: they are safe and effective.
The advantages of saline breast implants are:
- If a leak occurs, the saline solution (saline water) is safely absorbed.
- Saline breast implants are filled after insertion. Therefore, more adjustments can be made for volume deviations.
- In general, smaller incisions may be used.
- Saline implants are less expensive.
The disadvantages of saline implants are:
- Saline implants are slightly tighter than silicone breast implants.
- There is a possibility of mild waving or “combing” (of the lower end of the implant).
- Saline implants are not ideal for thin women versus muscle due to more ripples.
Silicone Breast İmplants
Silicone implants have been approved for general use since November 2006. The restriction is that a woman must be at least 22 years old. It is also recommended by the FDA to do an MRI at the point of three years after the increase and every two years thereafter to rule out a possible leak. If there are no complaints and regular examinations, then no examination is required. An individual approach must be tailored to each patient
Silicone breast implant surgery has become a safer product as a result of two major improvements. Today’s silicone implants have a much thicker outer casing and contain much more cohesive gels than previous versions. The latter means that the silicone contents are more substantial or denser than the wetter versions of their predecessors. For example, if a modern silicone implant is cut with scissors and compressed, the silicone material will come out and then be pulled inward into the silicone shell.
The advantages of silicone breast implants are:
- They have a softer, more natural feel (the most important advantage).
- There are no wrinkles or “scallops” on the extremities. Therefore, they can easily be used on the upper part of the muscle.
- As a general statement, women with saline breast implants, which are then converted to silicone, prefer silicone breast implants for a more natural feel.
The disadvantages of silicone breast implants are:
- Leakage or rupture may occur.
- Silicone implants are pre-filled and therefore the size cannot be adjusted.
- MRI may be needed in the future.
- They are more expensive than saline implants.
- A larger incision may be required.
Can fat transfer be used as an alternative to breast implants?
Natural breast augmentation can be a great alternative to breast implant surgery. Technology has advanced significantly to increase the survival of fat cells and the expansion of breast skin. Our surgeons perform this advanced breast augmentation procedure by taking fat from one part of the body and transferring it to the breast. Breast augmentation with fat injections provides two different techniques, liposuction from the belly or top of the muffin and breast augmentation.
The best candidates are women who want a fuller breast and do not want a breast implant, as well as patients after mastectomy and women who have had multiple complications with breast implants and prefer a more natural approach.
Our surgeons’ technique begins with collecting fat by liposuction from a site where there is plenty of tissue. It is then subjected to a cleaning technique known as the “Coleman Technique” and injected into the breast to achieve fullness. The procedure takes about three hours and the recovery is about seven to ten days.
How much does a breast implant surgery cost?
How much does a breast implant surgery cost? There are some variables in pricing. The new “gummy bear” implants have three different degrees of stability and each has an additional cost. Also, the geographical location of the doctor can increase his value as well as his experience. Breast implant revision surgery has a customized charge based on the specific case and complexity.
What to Wear After Breast Reduction Surgery: Tips for Comfort
If you want to find out what to wear after breast reduction surgery, we have you covered. Breast reduction surgery can be a life changing experience for many women, helping them to feel more comfortable in their own bodies. After the surgery, it is important to choose clothing that will provide both comfort and support. Here are some tips for choosing clothing after breast reduction surgery:
- First and foremost, choose comfortable clothing that fits properly. Stick with loose-fitting items such as t-shirts, blouses, and cardigans.
- Look for supportive bras that have adjustable straps and wide bands. Make sure the straps do not dig into the skin or cause any discomfort.
- Another important factor to consider is fabric type. Go for natural materials such as cotton, linen, and silk, which are gentle on the skin and allow it to breathe. Avoid synthetic fabrics like polyester and nylon, which can cause irritation and itching.
- Finally, when deciding what to wear after breast reduction surgery, be sure to select items that make you feel like your best self.
Following these tips can help make the recovery process smoother and ensure that you look and feel your best after breast reduction surgery. With the right clothing choices, you can focus on healing without sacrificing comfort or style.