Gastric Band Surgery Turkey
Gastric band surgery Turkey is on the agenda these days. Obesity has become a problem today. Health is important. Your health should come first. Remember that nothing else matters but your health. Gastric banding is one of the most popular obesity procedures performed in Turkey for overweight persons. Gastric band surgery Turkey is the most preferred method. Because it is easy to apply and treat. We can say that it is an effective method.
The Gastric Band
Gastric band surgery is a procedure that aids in the speed and success of weight loss in obese people. Loss surgery, sometimes known as obesity surgery, employs a variety of techniques to decrease the stomach or limit a patient’s food consumption. The ultimate objective is to give patients the sensation of being full or not hungry so that they no longer want to eat. As the number of calories ingested decreases, the weight will naturally begin to be thrown out of the body. This process is greatly expedited as a result of weight loss surgery. Gastric banding or other forms of bariatric surgery can be life saving for people who are morbidly obese or dangerously overweight. The NHS criteria for gastric banding may occasionally imply that patients who might benefit from the operation are ineligible for treatment.
How Is Gastric Band Surgery Performed?
Gastric band surgery is attaching an adjustable silicone band around the top half of the stomach and splitting it into two halves with a 2.50 cm port in between. This means that a person cannot eat as much and will become full more quickly. It takes roughly an hour and is conducted by creating keyhole incisions in the abdomen wall while under general anesthesia.
Who Can Benefit From Gastric Band Surgery?
The gastric band is an excellent choice for those who:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above.
- Obesity related health issues, such as diabetes and high blood pressure, are associated with a BMI of 35 to 40.
- You’ve tried everything else to reduce weight, but nothing has worked.
- Committed to adopting long-term lifestyle changes, such as food habits and physical activity.
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Using a Stomach Band
- The tape may be removed at any moment and is reversible.
- It is minimally invasive and takes little time.
- Recovery time is reduced.
- Reduced risk of obesity-related diseases including diabetes and heart disease.
- It does not result in dumping syndrome.
- Weight reduction is more gradual than with other obesity procedures.
- The take may come undone or leak.
- Side Effects of a Gastric Band
- Vomiting and nausea
- The discomfort goes gone after anesthesia and can be alleviated with medications.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Diarrhea or constipation
Complications of a Gastric Band
The following are some of the potential problems of gastric banding:
- Gallstones that form when you lose a lot of weight rapidly.
- The gastric band may slide or leak in rare situations. This will need either adjusting the gastric band or removing and replacing it.
- Infection of the wound.
- Clots of blood form.
- Minor injury to the stomach or adjacent organs.
- In Turkey, patients recover from gastric ligation.
- The gastric band recovery time is not particularly long. You will need to stay in the hospital for one night before being able to go the next day.
- You will be able to return to work within 1-2 weeks after the operation since you will be totally recovered and will not have any side effects.
- The abdominal band is removed.
- The gastric band should be left in place forever. If the tape must be removed for whatever reason, another keyhole operation must be performed to remove or replace the tape.
How Much Does a Belly Bandage Cost in Turkey?
In Turkey, the average cost of a gastric band is $4500, with a minimum cost of 3,000 dollars and a high cost of 6,000-8,000 dollars. In Turkey, there are instructions before and after gastric banding. Before your gastric banding operation, your surgeon will request a series of blood tests to assess your overall health.
Before Applying the Stomach Band, You Should Follow the Following Instructions:
- You should not smoke at least 4-6 weeks before surgery.
- One month before surgery, abstain from alcohol.
- You should not eat or drink anything for the next 12 hours.
- Similarly, following gastric banding, you must follow the surgeon’s advice, such as:
- Avoid solid meals for the first two weeks, or as directed by your doctor.
- To avoid vomiting, drink often but in tiny, steady swallows.
- When you first start eating solid meals, take your time chewing them completely.
Diet for the Stomach Band
Your nutritionist will design your gastric band diet plan, which you must strictly adhere to without making any modifications.
The first week following a gastric band:
Your diet will primarily consist of liquids (water, fresh juice, and thin soups without lumps)
The second week following a gastric band:
You will start eating cleansed foods. For example, you must combine vegetables, fish, and poultry to produce a puree.
The third week after gastric band:
- Start including soft meals into your diet plan.
- One month after the gastric band was removed:
- You can now begin to eat solid meals. This time frame might vary and can last up to 6 weeks. Based on your condition and development, a nutritionist will advise you on the best food plan.
Post Operative Care
Initially, each person’s recovery from bariatric surgery is unique. The advice of an expert dietician is critical in the treatment of patients who have undergone gastric restriction surgeon. As a result, you should come for follow-up visits to detect vitamin and iron deficiencies in the early stages of your weight loss and provide appropriate treatment.
We plan the first appointment after bariatric surgery as 2-3 weeks.
We plan the second appointment as 4-5 weeks after bariatric surgery.
They recommend a fresh, rigorous diet.
Quarterly visits: We intend to see you every three months for the first year after surgery.
Annual/biannual visits: After the first year, we intend to come every 6-12 months. Annual follow up will continue indefinitely.
The Cost of Gastric Band Surgery Turkey
For gastric band surgery, Turkey clinics are a great option for those looking to save money on weight loss surgery. The cost for this procedure may be significantly lower compared to other countries and clinics, but it is important to remember that the cost includes more than just the actual surgery. Other considerations include pre-operative tests, postoperative follow-ups and monitoring, anesthetic costs, hospital fees, and insurance if applicable. It is essential to thoroughly research all costs associated with gastric band surgery in Turkey before making a decision. Additionally, finding a qualified clinic or surgeon with experience in this particular surgery for weight loss procedure can often prove beneficial in getting the best outcome possible from the surgery.
Overall, gastric band surgery Turkey cost can offer significant savings when compared to other options available elsewhere. However, it is important that patients explore all of their options before going ahead with any type of bariatric weight loss surgery. Additionally, researching any risks associated with the procedure before making a decision can help ensure patients get the best possible outcome from their experience. Ultimately, deciding on gastric band surgery in Turkey should not be taken lightly and all potential benefits and risks should be thoroughly weighed before proceeding with treatment.