Alternative To The Tooth Implant Surprisingly, between 35-49 aged adults is missing 7 teeth in the United States of America and when the time comes to replace a new tooth, the tooth implant is considered the best option, but this option may not be chosen for various reasons. While taking a new path, all the options should be known to find out the superior method.
In this text, you’ll be known all the alternatives for the replace your teeth except the tooth implant. Alternatives to tooth implant are:
All-on-Four Implant-Supported Dentures
The first alternative to tooth implants is all-on-four implant-supported dentures. Lots of people don’t want to struggle with removable complete dentures because of slipping or maintenance requirements or food restrictions. That’s why they’d like to find out alternatives and All-On-Four Implant Supported Dentures is a great solution for that. It is a cheaper and more affordable solution. This could be supported by four optimal placed implants. All-On-Four Implant Supported Dentures is less than $24.000.
- More economic due to the fewer number of implants required. Because these supports a complete arch of teeth.
- More stable than dentures. Additionally, makes feel like your own teeth.
- The food restrictions are lighter than dentures. You would eat more compared to the dentures.
- It is produced without a palate and which means eating is much better and enjoyable. The taste of food is more satisfying.
- All-on-Four Implant Supported Dentures is easy to clean. Additionally, removing is not a problem.
- The denture is compact, namely, it is still removable. Some people may be uncomfortable and undesirable with this.
- When you chew gum or hard food could be dangerous for the dentures. It should be careful.
- The attachments should regularly maintain and might be replaced in regular periods.
Implant-Supported Fixed Bridge
With this, Implant-Supported Fixed Bridge, every tooth doesn’t need an implant. The teeth that have implants will support the single tooth. This closely looks like All-on-Four Implant-supported dentures. The tooth could be cemented or screwed into place. Your dentist could you recommend this due to easy cleaning or/and repairing. The screw holes are covered up with a tooth-colored mixture.
- Good looking results.
- Provide easy speaking and no food restrictions.
- Looks natural.
- It is easy to clean; you can floss and brush your teeth easily.
- More economic than a single implant tooth.
- It does not need to be changed for many years; it is strong.
- During the treatment, your healthy teeth are not damaged.
- It can be done if the missing teeth are close to each other.
- Relatively expensive, if it is necessary to make a tooth row, it is not cheap.
- You need to visit your doctor more than once during the application of an implant-supported fixed bridge.
- A small surgical intervention is needed.
Tooth-Supported Fixed Bridge
Tooth-Supported Fixed Bridge is known as the most common alternative. It is a preferred method especially if you have only one tooth missing. It has two crowns and is attached to the abutment teeth. These are fixed on teeth called “pontic”. Everything done in such an operation is permanent. Gold, silver, porcelain, or other precious metals can be used.
- It feels and works like your real tooth.
- The procedure is very easy and takes 2 to 3 weeks on average.
- Dental floss can be used easily, and teeth can be brushed. It is very easy to maintain.
- Offers low-risk treatment. If the bridge is damaged, it can be changed easily and painlessly.
- It is more expensive than a replaceable or removable denture. Its financial burden is high.
- If damaged only once (pontic teeth), the risk of infection or decay may increase.
- Small teeth (pontic teeth) should be cleaned well because food can accumulate there as it deforms.
- It is not as durable and long-lasting as an implant-supported bridge.
Removable Partial Denture
It is used to replace one or more teeth on the same arc and adjacent or not. The prosthesis is completely acrylic-based and reinforced with a cobalt-chrome mix metal frame. They can be easily removed and put on thanks to metal clips and some are also elastic.
- Generally, less expensive than fixed bridges and implants.
- It is effective in filling the missing tooth.
- Eating becomes easier.
- It does not require any surgical intervention.
- Additional teeth can then be added to the prosthesis.
- May be more disturbing and destabilized than other treatment methods.
- Should be removed and cleaned every day and disinfected overnight.
- May need to be repaired frequently.
- It can be easily damaged and the teeth in the prosthesis may fall out.
Removable Complete Dentures
Removable complete dentures are mounted on the gums without surgical intervention. It is low-cost and dentures are attached to the acrylic gum-colored base.
- Aesthetically, it quickly shows you its benefit. Decayed and missing teeth are eliminated.
- It supports the muscles in the cheeks and lips. In this way, it offers a younger appearance.
- Removable complete dentures improve speech and make it easier to eat.
- Quick and satisfying solution.
- Provides natural appearance.
- Can change the shape of the jawbone in a very short time and be uncomfortable.
- The pressure it exerts on the gums and jawbone can cause bone loss in the jaw.
- It can have a negative effect on the taste of food, and it can move during talking and eating.
- Can cause pain and wounds due to rubbing against gums.
- It can make a sound while speaking and it could be embarrassing.
There are also resin-bonded bridges and Flipper – a temporary replacement option. For further information, you could check on the website. Alternative To The Tooth Implant